The above video shows how to add icicles to your display.
There are two different types of icicle strings. Standard and Pixel. For a more in-depth discussion of string types, see the Common Settings section of the help. Basically, a Standard sting is one where all the lights turn on and off at the same time and their color is fixed. A Pixel string is one that has individually addressed lights that can be any color.
Pixel Icicle Setup
To setup a Pixel Icicle string, we need to define the pixels for each individual light. The easiest way to do this is as follows:
- Click on the button on the main Vixen window.
- The closest match we have to a pixel icicle string is a Megatree. So, we’re going to add one of those.
- Select “Mega Tree” next to the Add in the Element Setup box and click the button.
- A dialog box will appear that allows you to enter information about your icicle strings. The String Count will be the number of icicle strands in your string and the Pixels/String should be set to the number of pixels in the longest string. So, if you have icicle strands that are 5, 10 and 16 long, enter 16 here.
- Now, press OK on the above dialog box and expand the tree so you can see the icicle strand you just created.
- Next, delete all of the extra pixels that are not needed out of each icicle strand.
- Press OK to save this strand.
- Now, load the Preview you would like to edit.
- To add the icicle strand you just created to the preview, click on the object in the tree on the left (in our case Icicles).
- Now, click on the button in the top toolbar.
- Left-click at the starting point of the icicle string in the preview picture, hold the mouse button and drag it to the end point of the icicle strand.
- Release your mouse button. You’re done!