Creating a Show
To create a new show, use the Scheduler -> Shows menu from the main Admin screen. This will present a dialog with options to add, edit, or delete a show. Choose the green plus button to add a new one. It will create a new Show entry and highlight it. Click the item to edit the name to something meaningful for what the show does.
Edit a Show
To edit a show, highlight the show you wish to edit on the Shows dialog and either double click it, or use the pencil icon to open the edit dialog. On this dialog there are 2 sections. On the left is where the items are added to the show. There are 4 tabs and each one has a purpose to help manage the show.
- Startup - This tab controls how which items will occur once at the start of a show.
- Background - This controls items that will run constantly in the background during the enite show. This is useful for things like a tune to sign.
- Sequential - This is for items that run sequentially in the main show.
- Shutdown - This is for items that should run at the conclusion of the show.
You can add new items to any tab with the green plus button at the bottom of the section. Items can be dragged up or down in the lists to set the order they should occur. Items can be removed with the red minus button when they are selected.
The right section of the dialog controls the Actions that occur for the item. The supported Actions are as follows.
- Launch - This is used to launch external programs like you would from the command line.
- Sequence - This is used to run a Vixen sequence.
- Pause - This is used to provide for a delay in seconds. You can use this if you want a pause between sequences.
Delete a Show
To delete a show, use the Scheduler -> Shows menu from the main Admin screen. This will present a dialog with options to add, edit, or delete a show. Select the show you wish to delete. Use the red minus button to delete the show.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it!
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.