Inline Gradient Editor
The Inline Curve Editor is a powerful tool that allows many features of the larger Color Gradient editor dialog to be done inline in the effect editor. This improves efficency for the user since they do not have to keep opening and closing a bulky dialog box.
- To add a color node, simply click in the empty space just below the gradient image.
- To delete a node, hold the alt key and click on the node you want to delete.
- To change the color of a node, double click on the node.
- Nodes can be dragged to change the positon of the blend.
- Just like in the previous versions, drag and drop still works with these new editors. You can drag colors or gradients from the preset library and drop them onto the gradient in the effect editor. The opposite also works. You can drag the gradient from the effect editor pane to the preset library.
- To invoke the full (old) gradient editor, simply double click on the gradient control.
- When a gradient is linked to a library gradient, a link icon will appear over the gradient control and no nodes will be shown.
A linked Color Gradient denoted by the chain link in the upper left corner.
You will not be able to edit the linked gradient in the effect editor pane. Double clicking the gradient control will allow you to link or unlink the library gradient. Once it is unlinked, you can edit it in the inline editor or the larger Color Gradient dialog.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it!
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.