Creates a pulsing effect reminiscent of the flapping wings of a butterfly.
Positioning - Determines how the target elements are treated. Either as individual strings or by their actual location in the display preview. Locations is often referred to as whole house, but it can be any form of multiple props. Generally you want Strings when applying to one prop and Locations if the target is multiple props.
Orientation - Controls the orientation of the display area (matrix).
Butterfly Type - Allows you to choose between different movement patterns. Different patterns may be suitable for different element group types.
- Pulsing Circle
- Pulsing Grid of Circles
- Alternating Inverted Boxes
- Flapping Wings
Direction - Changes the direction in which the pattern moves. This is more evident on the linear Butterfly types than it is on the pulsing or oscillating types.
Motion - Controls how the effect progresses across time.
- Iterations - Displays the Iterations slider to specify the number of times the pattern repeats over the duration of the effect.
- Speed - Displays a Speed Curve for configuring the speed of the pattern over the duration of the effect.
Iterations - The number of times the pattern repeats over the duration of the effect.
Speed - Controls the speed of the repeating pattern over the duration of the effect.
Repeat - The number of times the pattern repeats in each iteration.
Background Skips - The number of time the background is skipped per pattern
Background Chunks - Divides the background into a number of chunks for a “broken up” pattern.
Color Scheme - Controls the color scheme used for the effect.
- Gradient - Uses the gradient defined below to set the colors for the effect.
- Rainbow - Uses a fixed rainbow color palette for the effect.
- Intensity - This is an overall brightness intensity curve over the duration of the effect. This is a legacy parameter, consider using intensity overlay layers instead.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it!
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.