Linking in the Preview is the act of assigning an Element to the light node that it represets. Much of this can be automated when adding Props to the Preview, but sometimes you may need to do it manually. In the Proerties section of a Prop shape is a entry called Linked Elements that can be used to edit the linkage.
- Some elements have multiple strings. Select the string to edit in the list.
- Selecting a Linked Element and then double-clicking on a single element in the tree will assign that element to the highlighted Linked Element.
- Selecting multiple elements in the Linked Elements list and then double-clicking a single element in the Available Elements tree will assign the double-clicked element to all the highlighted Linked Elements.
- Dragging and dropping a single element from the Available Elements to a linked element will assign that element to the item it was dropped on.
- Selecting multiple elements in the Available Elements tree and dropping them on a linked element will assign, in order, the elements from the tree to the elements in the Linked Elements.
- Dragging an element group from the Available Elements to the Linked Elements will assign them, in order, starting with the element that was the target of the drop in the Linked Elements list.
- Advanced: Right-clicking on an assigned element brings up a popup menu. You can assign this element to ALL elements in ALL strings here.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it!
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.